Making sure to clean your makeup brushes regularly is “very important”. Cleaning your makeup brushes can prevent break outs and infection the can form on your face. Keep your brushes clean will save you a lot of headache.
I found out from experience that you cannot just clean your cosmetic brushes with just soap and water. It causes stiffness of the bristles and after makes the makeup application process not that pleasant.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES
1. Always use a brush shampoo to clean your brushes - Brush shampoo will not only clean your brushes and will keep the bristles from becoming stiff and unmanageable.
2. If you do not have brush shampoo, here is a affordable alternative – Using baby shampoo or just your own personal household shampoo will work as a great budget friendly alternative.
3. Add some olive oil into your mix- It will to add the softness back into the bristles.
4. Use mostly water in the mixture – Using water dilutes the shampoo solution and does not leave a film on the brushes.
5. Do not smash your brushes – Let your brushes dry by laying them on a towel. Do not smash the brushes they will lose formation and bristles.